A delicious fish main from Martin Shanahan.
- 400g fish per person (ask your fish monger to take the head and fins off the fish)
- 1 fennel bulb
- olive oil
- some sprigs of thyme
- 1 sliced lemon
- 4 tblsp veg stock
- Heat a baking tray in a hot oven, while it heats up take you fish and score the sides. Place the thyme and salt into the cuts.
- Place two slices of lime and two sprigs of thyme into the central cavity of the fish and place onto the hot baking tray.
- Drizzle with olive oil and put into the oven which is preheated to gas mark 9 for 12 minutes
- Fennel: Fennel is a great flavour for fish and roasting it just makes the veg even sweeter. Cut the fennel into quarters. Heat up a frying pan that is oven friendly. Add some oil. Place the four pieces of fennel into the hot oil. When it goes brown turn and a minute later add the veg stock and place into the oven for eight minutes.
- Plate up.