Another great sauce to learn if you are new to cooking.
- 110 g fresh basil leaves
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 25 g pine kernels
- 50 g freshly grated parmesan (i use parmigiano reggiano)
- pinch of salt
- Put the basil, olive oil, pine kernels, garlic, salt, and parmesan into a food processor. That's it!
- Home-made basil pesto is incredibly versatile and greatly improves the taste and appearance of any number of dishes. It goes very well with fish, pasta, chicken and I also use it on salads, crostinis and even in soups. Best of all it only takes a few minutes to make and will keep in the fridge for up to 3 weeks.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips