A really good sauce to start with if you are a novice cook.
- 1 tin of tomatoes or 8 very ripe tomatoes (chopped)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 bunch of fresh basil
- salt and pepper
- olive oil
- Peel, quarter and slice the onion and then peel and crush one clove of garlic.
- Place a saucepan over a medium heat and add a drop of olive oil, add in the onions and garlic and cover.
- Once the onions have gone soft then add in the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper and leave to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Just before serving add in the fresh basil leaves.
More by Richard Corrigan:
- Butter Poached Smoked Haddock with a German Potato Salad
- Roasted Corn on the Cob
- Rump Burger with Foccacia Bread and Chunky Chips