A classic and simple French dish.
- 2 pork fillets
- 2 apples (peeled and diced)
- 2 shallots diced
- 4 parsnips (peeled and halved)
- 1 small glass calvados
- ½ cup demi glaze or gravy
- ¼ cup cream
- 1 tblsp honey
- 1 tblsp chopped sage
- 50 g butter
- 1 lemon (juice)
- 2 tblsp chopped chives
- Cut each pork fillet in half and flatten between two sheets of clingfilm.
- On a hot pan add a little vegetable oil and butter.
- Place pork escalopes on pan, turn down heat and sauté for 4-5 minutes.
- Add shallots and apples, simmer for 2 minutes, add calvados and maybe season.
- Add gravy and cream. Simmer until sauce thickens and add chopped chives.
- Place parsnips in roaster tray with honey, sage, butter and lemon and season.
- Place in oven at 180°C for 15-20 minutes, turning once.
- Place parsnips on plate, cover with pork escalope and spoon some sauce over.