Affordable ingredients make this a great family meal.
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 tblsp honey
- 2 lemons (grated zest and juice)
- 25 g butter
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 2-3 sprigs of thyme
- 100 ml boiling water
- 1 tsp wholegrain mustard
- 200 ml pouring cream
- 2-3 stems of spring onions/scallions
- Heat a large frying pan with a little butter.
- Season the chicken breasts with a little salt and cayenne pepper (which will give the chicken an added kick) and quickly brown them on both sides and then reduce the heat slightly. Pour in the honey, lemon zest & juice and the boiling water together with the sprigs of thyme.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Transfer the chicken with the glaze into the oven and cook for a furthur 15-20 minutes until fully cooked through. It is nice to turn and baste the chicken whilst it is in the oven.
- Allow the chicken to rest for a few minutes when it comes out of the oven.
- Return the pan to the heat and allow the lemon and honey mixture to reheat gently. Whisk in the wholegrain mustard and pour in the cream and simmer the sauce for 4-5 minutes.
- Add in the finely diced spring onions, correct the seasoning of the sauce and serve immediately.
- Serve: Serve the chicken with some creamy mashed potato and green vegetables. Drizzle a little of the sauce over the plate.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon
- Indulgent Eggnog: What it is & how to make it!
- Kevin Dundon's Christmas Turkey: Today Show