Make a tasty cheese and nut salad, easy to prepare and ready to eat in a matter of minutes.
- 2 handfuls each of iceberg, radiccio and lollo rossa lettuce
- 150 g roquefort or cashel blue cheese (crumbled)
- 40 g walnut halves
- 4 small tender celery stalks (from the centre of the bunch, sliced)
- 2-3 cooked new potatoes (sliced)
- 1 tblsp snipped fresh chives
- walnut vinaigrette:
- makes: about 125ml/4fl oz
- ½ tbsp white wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp balsamic vinegar
- ½ tsp dijon mustard
- ¼ tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tblsp light olive or grape seed oil
- 3 tblsp walnut oil
- Combine the vinegar, mustard and seasonings, then whisk in the oils.
- To make salad: Put the salad greens in a bowl with the cheese, walnuts, celery, potatoes and chives.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss gently.
- The leaves should be just coated with oil.