Make your own delicious muesli.
- 1 tblsp rolled oats (heaped)
- 1 tblsp sultanas
- 3-4 dried apricots, chopped (optional)
- 4 tblsp spring water
- 1 tblsp wheatgerm
- 1 apple
- 1 tblsp almonds or hazelnuts
- ground cloves or cinnamon to flavour
- juice of ½ lemon or orange
- 1 dessertspoo honey
- 1 dessertspoo yoghurt
- This may be started the night before.
- Put oats and dried fruit into a bowl.
- Cover with 4 tablespoons water and soak overnight.
- In the morning, sprinkle in the wheatgerm.
- Chop the apple, including skin, core and pips, with the nuts in a food processor (alternatively grate apple and roughly chop nuts by hand ).
- Tip them into the bowl of oats, sprinkle with spice, pour on the lemon or orange juice and top with honey and yoghurt.
- Stir until all the ingredients are well mixed together and it is ready to serve.
- You might find that this rather an off-putting looking mess, but it is delicious all the same!