Make the popular cookies.
- 125 g butter or margarine
- 50 g soft brown sugar
- 1 egg (beaten)
- 150 g self-raising flour
- 125 g plain dark chocolate (finely chopped)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F/Gas 4).
- Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Cream the butter or margarine and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Beat the egg, sift in the flour, and then add the chocolate pieces and mix thoroughly.
- Put 25 teaspoonfuls of the mixture, slightly apart, on the baking sheet and bake in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden brown.
- Leave the cookies on a baking sheet for 1 minute, then transfer onto a wire rack and leave to cool.