Easily made French cookies.
- 50 g butter
- 50 g caster sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 50 g plain flour (sifted)
- a few drops of vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 200°C (400°F/Gas 6).
- Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Whisk the egg whites lightly and gradually beat into the creamed mixture.
- Carefully fold in the flour and vanilla extract.
- Place the mixture in a piping bag fitted with a 2cm/3|4 inch plain nozzle.
- Pipe 7cm/3inch lengths onto a greased and floured baking sheet.
- Bake in the oven for 10 minutes, by which time the biscuits should be pale golden but darker around the edges.
- Transfer them to a wire rack to cool.