A flavoursome and tasty dish.
- 12 jumbo king tiger prawns (peeled and de-veined)
- 12 queen scallops (coral removed)
- 3 tblsp olive oil
- 4 tblsp butter (at room temperature)
- 8 cloves of garlic (peeled and crushed)
- 4 long lady finger chillies (seeded and finely sliced)
- 1 small pinch of smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chicken bouillon
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 3 tblsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 lemon quartered (for garnish)
- ground black pepper and sea salt to taste
- Peel the prawns and remove the black veins.
- Then remove the membrane from the scallops and the red coral.
- Dry them both on some kitchen paper and pat dry to remove any moisture.
- Heat one tablespoon of the butter in a frying pan and stir in the garlic, chillies, smoked paprika and chicken bouillon.
- Saute for 2-3 minutes and then remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Once the mixture is cool, add in the remaining butter along with the lemonjuice and chopped parsley.
- Lightly season the scallops with salt & pepper.
- Heat a heavy based frying pan until its smoking hot and sear the scallops on each side for 30 seconds, then remove from heat.
- Put the prawns on a small baking tray and coat them with the butter mixture.
- Place under a hot grill for about 5 minutes, then remove from the heat.
- When ready to serve, place the scallops on the tray with the prawns and place under grill for a further 2 minutes until everything is just warmed through.
- Arrange the scallops and prawns in the centre of a plate and pour the pan juices over. Serve with wedge of lemon and crusty bread.