This is a tasty alternative to a chicken stir fry, and is quick and easy to prepare.
- 1 turkey breast
- 2 sticks celery
- 1 red pepper
- ¼ red cabbage
- 500 g basmati rice
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 1 tsp schwartz thai 7-spice seasoning
- 1 tblsp runny honey
- 2 tblsp soy sauce
- ¼ tsp cornflour
- ½ lemon
- salt and black pepper
- Slice the turkey into strips and then prepare the vegetables for the stir fry.
- Slice the celery finely.
- De-seed the red pepper and slice thinly on the diagonal.
- Remove the hard core of the cabbage and shred finely.
- Put the rice in a pot of boilling salted water and bring back to the boil.
- Stir once and reduce to a simmer, cover and simmer over a low heat for 10-12 minutes, until the rice is tender.
- Heat the oil in a wok until it is smoking, then toss in the turkey and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in the celery, the red pepper and the cabbage and cook for another minute.
- Sprinkle in the 7-spice, the honey and the soy.
- Mix the cornflour with a teaspoon of water and stir into the wok, this will thicken the liquid.
- Season well and sprinkle with lemon juice and serve with boiled rice.