Try this delicious salad!
- honey and mustard dressing
- 150 ml olive oil or a mixture of olive and other oils, eg. sunflower and arachide
- 50 ml wine vinegar
- salt and freshly ground pepper
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 tsp wholegrain honey mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- Mix all the ingredients together and whisk well before use.
- Green Salad
- You will need a mild lettuce (eg. the common Butterhead) as the basis of the salad and as many of the following as you care to or can put in:
- finely chopped Parsley, Mint or any herbs of your fancy, spring onions, dice of cucumber, Mustard and Cress, Watercress, the white tips of cauliflower, tips of purple sprouting broccoli, Iceberg lettuce, Cos, Raddichio, Oakleaf, Chinese leaves, Rocket, Salad burnet, and any other interesting lettuces available.
- Wash and dry the lettuces and other leaves very carefully. Tear into bite sized pieces and put into a deep salad bowl.
- Cover with cling film and refrigerate, if not to be served immediately. Just before serving toss with a little Honey and Mustard Dressing - just enough to make the leaves glisten. Serve immediately.
- Note: Green Salad must not be dressed until just before serving, other wise it will be tired and unappetising.
More by Darina Allen:
- Crunchy Orange Butter Scones
- Old-fashioned Roast Turkey with Fresh Herb Stuffing, Cranberry Sauce and Bread Sauce
- Christmas Tree Meringues