A heavenly vegetarian dish.
- 250 g brussels sprouts
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 150 g shallots (thinly sliced)
- 12 fresh sage leaves (sliced)
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 4 tomatoes (finely chopped)
- finely grated zest of 1 orange
- 1 tblsp pine nuts (lightly toasted)
- salt and pepper
- 450 g fresh tagliolini, or other thin pasta
- 50 g butter
- 50 g desmond, parmesan or other hard cheese (finely grated)
- Quarter the sprouts, cut out the core and separate the leaves.
- In a wide pan, heat the olive oil and cook the sprouts, shallots, sage and garlic over a medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes, orange zest and pine nuts, and season with salt and pepper.
- Simmer for two minutes more.
- At the same time, bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil, add the tagliolini and cook for 2-3 minutes until just tender. Drain well.
- Add the butter, cheese and cooked pasta to the sprouts and mix well.
- Serve immediately.
More by Denis Cotter:
- Carrot, Almond And Feta Terrine, In Vine Leaves, With Cucumber and Mango Salsa
- Cabbage Timbale Of Celeriac And Chestnuts With Chanterelles In Brandy Cream
- Galette Of Braised Turnip, Portobello Mushroom And Pecans With A Red Wine Sauce