- 100 g sugar
- 200 ml water
- 200 g cream (whipped)
- 250 g blackberries, raspberries
- 1 tblsp framboise liquour
- for the meringues
- 5 large egg whites
- 300 g caster sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla essence
- 1 tsp white wine vinegar
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Pre-heat the oven to 100°C / Gas 1.
- Beat the egg whites in a clean dry bowl until stiff.
- Then add half the sugar and beat until the mixture is thick and has a glossy texture.
- Add the rest of the sugar and beat until glossy.
- Lastly beat in the vanilla essence, vinegar and cornflour.
- Shape the pavlovas on some baking parchment and place in the oven for one hour.
- Then turn off heat and leave the pavlovas there for another 30 minutes.
- Leave to cool.
- To make the fruit topping, bring the sugar and water to the boil, add in the Framboise and then pour this syrup over the berries.
- Leave the berries to simmer in the water and cool.
- Place a pavlova on a plate and place some whipped cream on top.
- Garnish with some poached fruit on the cream and drizzle some juice around the base.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say