- 320 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking soda (bicarbonate of soda)
- 1 tsp salt
- 225 g butter (soft, at room temperature)
- 170 g castor sugar
- 150 g brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 340 g chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Combine the flour, baking soda and salt in a small bowl and set aside.
- Cream the butter and sugars together in a large mixing bowl until fluffy.
- Add eggs to butter mixture, one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Mix in vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips
- Using an ice cream scoop, or using large tablespoons, drop balls of cookie dough onto ungreased baking trays.
- Bake at 190°C for 9-11 minutes or until golden brown.