- 25 g butter
- 25 g flour
- 300 ml milk
- 100 g selection of mushrooms
- 1 dessertspoon chopped parsley
- ½ glass white wine
- Put the milk in a saucepan and bring to the boil.
- Melt the butter slowly in another small saucepan.
- Add in the flour and mix until combined.
- Cook this mixture on a low heat for two minutes to take the taste of the flour away.
- Gradually whisk in the boiling milk and continue to stir, especially around the edges, until it comes to the boil again and then turn the heat right down and cook on a low heat for 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate pan fry the mushrooms in butter. Add in chopped parsley.
- Add the cooked mushrooms to the sauce together with the white wine.
- Serve as required.