- 200 g haddock fillets (x4, naturally smoked)
- 1 tblsp vegetable oil
- 75 g rudd’s black pudding
- 4 organic eggs
- for the champ
- 700 g potatoes
- 40 g butter
- 8 scallions (trimmed and sliced)
- salt and black pepper
- First peel the potatoes and place in some cold salted water.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 15-20 minutes until they are tender, then mash thoroughly.
- Put the butter in a hot frying pan and stir in the scallions.
- Cook gently for 3-4 minutes until they are soft and slightly brown.
- Stir into the mashed potatoes, season well and keep warm.
- In hot frying pan, place the haddock flesh side down with a little oil and cook over a medium heat for 6-7 minutes.
- When ready the meat will be cooked through and the skin can be peeled off easily.
- In another frying pan, fry the black pudding slices until they are crispy, then use a fork to crumble them into small pieces.
- To make the poached eggs, line 4 cups with Clingfilm and place one egg into each cup.
- Season with a little salt, and twist the Clingfilm tightly so that you have an egg ‘bag’.
- Place the eggs in a pot of simmering water and gently poach for 3 minutes, so that the yolks are soft.
- Place some champ on the serving dish, and put a slice of haddock on top.
- Remove the Clingfilm from the eggs and place on the haddock and sprinkle the dish with some crumbled black pudding.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say