- 1 loin of lamb (boned)
- 2 sprigs of rosemary
- 10 anchovies
- 75 ml red wine
- 1 tblsp bisto
- 1 tblsp water
- for the vegetables
- 3 carrots
- 3 parsnips
- 2 bulbs garlic
- 2 tblsp olive oil
- 1 tblsp runny honey
- for the pea purée
- 250 g peas
- 450 ml milk
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh mint
- salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180ºC (350ºF/Gas 4).
- Place some rosemary leaves along the centre of the loin of lamb and lay the anchovies on top.
- Season the meat lightly with salt and black pepper and roll it up.
- Tie the lamb with string to secure and roast inthea pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes (leave a little longer if you want your lamb medium to well done).
- When cooked remove the meat and leave to ‘rest’ for 5-10 minutes in a warm place.
- For the vegetables peel the carrots and parsnips and slice into 4 pieces length-ways.
- Cut the garlic in half horizontally and place everything on a shallow baking tray.
- Sprinkle with salt and drizzle with olive oil and honey.
- Then bake in the pre-heated oven for 15-20 minutes until the vegetables have caramelised and are tender.
- For the pea purée, place the peas and chopped mint in a pot and cover with milk, bring to the boil and simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Then drain the peas and purée in a food processor.
- To make the gravy, de-glaze the lamb roasting tray with the red wine and place over a medium heat on the stove top and bring to just under a boil.
- Mix the Bisto and water together and whisk into the wine and cook gently until the sauce thickens.
- Slice the lamb into 2-3 slices per person and put on serving dish along with the roast vegetables and pea purée.
- Drizzle with some gravy.
Use your RTE ID to Join
- Upload your style photos
- Create and save recipes
- Review and Comment
- Have your say