- raisins soaked in pimms
- 2 egg yolks
- 100 g brown sugar
- 1 whole eggs
- 200 ml whole milk (heated)
- vanilla pod
- sliced white bread
- 50 g butter per slice of bread
- dark chocolate for base
- Drain off raisins and reserve the Pimms. Put the raisins to one side. Mix the egg yolks and sugar. Beat it gently over a bain marie (or large saucepan of hot water).
- Add the whole eggs and milk and vanilla pod. Place some dark chocolate in the base of the ramekins. Slice the bread thinly and layer the brioche, then raisins, then more brioche and raisins. Place diced brioche on the top. Throughout the process, keep pouring over the vanilla crème mixture.
- Place the filled ramekins into a baking tray which has water in it. This will prevent the base from burning. Place in the oven at 160°C for between 25 -30 minutes. Remove from oven.
- Serve with freshly whipped cream and pimms/raisin juices/coffee mix in a shot glass - cappuccino style!