Entertain in style with this sumptuous duck recipe.
- 1 confit duck leg / silver hill roast half duckling
- 200 ml red wine
- 1 tblsp redcurrant jelly
- 100 ml sloe syrup
- ½ tin of rinsed and drained butterbeans
- handful of red chard
- 1 small red onion
- 1 star anise
- Put the wine, syrup, star anise and jelly in a pot and bring to the boil.
- Add the butterbeans and red onion.
- Reduce to a syrupy texture.
- Add the red chard and cook for 30 seconds.
- Place into serving bowl and put duck on top.
- Duck should be crisped in the oven, skin side up, at 180°C for 15 minutes.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lunchbox Ideas for Kids
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps