A healthy and easy bread to bake.
- 275 g plain flour
- 115 g whole meal flour
- 80 g malted flour
- 50 g oats
- 25 g sugar
- 10 g salt
- 10 g baking soda
- 5 g cream of tartar
- 1 free range egg
- 95 ml pure corn oil
- 400 ml irish buttermilk
- 15 g sunflower seeds
- 10 g sesame seeds
- Little extra oil for brushing around tins
- Little extra plain flour for dusting around tins
- Preheat Oven to 190°C.
- Prepare two 1lb loaf tins by brushing the inside with oil then dusting with flour.
- Mix all dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl taking care to sieve in the baking soda and cream of tartar.
- Whisk the egg, corn oil and buttermilk together in a separate bowl and add to the dry ingredients, using a wooden spoon give the mixture a really good mixing. the mixture should be quite wet in consistency like thick batter.
- Now divide the mixture between your 2 prepared loaf tins and sprinkle the seeds over the tops of the loaves.
- Bake for approx 50 minutes until browned and fully cooked.
- Remove from the oven and turn the loaves out carefully on to a cooling rack and allow to cool fully before slicing.