Make a perfect Mexican flavoured barbeque dish.
- 4 soft flour tortillas
- 8 oz grated cheddar or mozzarella cheese
- 4 rashers of bacon (cooked)
- 2 green chillies (very finely diced)
- 1 red onion (very finely diced)
- 1 bunch of spring onions (chopped roughly)
- 1 bunch of freshly chopped basil
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 1 bunch spring onions
- 2 cloves of garlic (chopped)
- 100 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper
- Mix the cheese, chillies, bacon, red onion, spring onion and basil together. Season with a little salt and pepper.
- Lay the flour tortillas out on the work surface and divide the cheese mixture between them. Roll them up just like normal tortillas.
- Next, spread a double layer of tin foil on the work surface. Place two of the cheesy tortilla rolls on the double layer of tin foil and fold up into a neat parcel.
- Place on the barbecue and cook for 10-12 minutes until the cheese is melted and piping hot. Serve immediately with Salsa.
- For the Salsa: De-seed the tomatoes and chop into a small dice. Mix in the chopped spring onions, finely chopped garlic and seasoning. Pour in the olive oil and chill until required.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Saturday Brunch: Crêpes Suzette with Strawberries
- Chocolate Chip Cookies: Just Add Milk!
- Strawberry and Banana Iced Lolly Pops