Place some of the dressed salad in the centre of you plate; arrange a few fig slices on the plate and place the melted goats cheese and black pudding on top.
- 200 g good quality fresh, mild goat's cheese (sliced into 3cm discs)
- 4 (or 5) fresh ripe figs (sliced into 8)
- 6 2cm slices of black pudding
- 2 tblsp (or 3) honey
- olive oil
- for the salad:
- 100 g mixed baby leaves
- 4 scallions (sliced)
- 1 orange (peeled and segmented)
- for the dressing:
- ½ grapefruit (juice only)
- 1 lime (juice only)
- 1 orange (juice only)
- 20 ml olive oil
- 5 ml roast sesame oil
- ½ tsp sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- For the Figs:
- Heat a grill to a medium to high heat. Place the fig slices on an ovenproof tray and drizzle with the honey.
- Grill for about 5-8 minutes until soften and sweet but not crisp.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- For the Citrus Dressing:
- Place the grapefruit juice, lime, juice, orange juice, olive oil and sesame oil in a small jar.
- Add the sugar and seasoning and shake the dressing vigorously until the liquid emulsifies. Set aside.
- For the Black Pudding:
- Heat some oil in a pan. Toss in the black pudding discs and fry on either side until crispy. Remove the black pudding from the pan and keep warm.
- Heat your grill on high. Place one slice of goat's cheese on each black pudding disc and replace under the grill to melt and brown for about 3 minutes, depending on your grill.
- Place the salad leaves, scallions and orange segments in a bowl and toss with some dressing before serving.
- Place some of the dressed salad in the centre of you plate; arrange a few fig slices on the plate and place the melted goat's cheese and black pudding on top. Serve immediately.
More by Daithí Ó Sé:
- Car manufacturers to introduce centre airbags
- Dáithí's Chocolate Biscuit Cake
- Crabmeat Stuffed Chicken with Lobster and Brandy Sauce