Make a simple puree which is a perfect accompaniment to fish dishes.
- 1400 g sorrel (in season from may-october)
- 25 g butter or margarine
- 2 tblsp cream
- a little flour
- salt and pepper
- Pick over the sorrel, remove the stalks and wash it in several changes of water.
- Put into a large saucepan to cover the bottom.
- Bring to the boil, add the sorrel and cook it gently for about 20 minutes, turning it over and pressing it down repeatedly with a spoon.
- Drain well and put through a blender.
- Return it to the pan with the butter, cream, salt and pepper.
- Stir over the heat for about 8 minutes, gradually adding enough flour to give a thick consistency.