A herby Italian chicken dish
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 300 g chicken leg (with skin removed)
- 150 g small new potatoes
- 150 g carrots
- 100 g small onion
- 100 g white mushrooms
- 400 g can of chopped tomatoes with the sauce
- 100 ml hot water from a recently-boiled kettle with ¼ cube of chicken stock dissolved
- 2 cloves of garlic
- bay leaf
- black pepper
- Remove the skin of the chicken with sharp scissors and wash the chicken leg under cold water.
- Wash and peel the vegetables. Crush the garlic, cut the carrot in rounds, cut the onion in small chunks and halve the small new potatoes.
- Put olive oil in the wok and when oil is hot add the chicken leg.
- Start adding your vegetables after the chicken is slightly brown. Add seasoning. If the vegetables start sticking to the wok start adding the chicken stock.
- Simmer for 45 mins initially under the lid and then take the lid off for the last 15-20 mins to let the excess water evaporate.
Total calorie content = approx. 400kcal
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Mini Homemade Burgers
- Chickpea Burgers with Cucumber Raita and Green Salad
- Dr Eva's Operation Transformation pancake