Spruce up your dinner with this easy-to-make chutney.
- 2 small onions (finely chopped)
- 100 g brown sugar
- 100 ml cider or white wine vinegar
- 200 g sliced plums
- 200 g diced apple
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- Place the onions in a saucepan with some sunflower oil and sweat until softened.
- Add the cider vinegar, sugar and spice and reduce a little.
- Add the plums and apples and cook on a medium heat until the fruits have stewed down and three quarters of the liquid has been absorbed.
- Allow to cool and put in kilner jar.
- It's best to allow the chutney to sit and develop for at least a week before using.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lunchbox Ideas for Kids
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops
- Lunch all Wrapped Up: Fresh Mackerel Wraps