The way to make sure this is a quick dish is to prep as you go. There should be enough time between each step to get ready for the next.
- 500 g tagliatelle (better to use fresh)
- garlic clove
- diced shallots
- 100 g fresh parmesan cheese
- 250 g smoked bacon lardons (non smoked is fine)
- 200 g mushroom
- 100 ml white wine
- 100 ml chicken stock
- 500 ml cream
- 1 pinch chopped thyme
- 1 pinch chopped parsley
- 50 ml olive oil
- Begin by putting the kettle on to boil and placing a pan on a high heat and a pot on the stove ready for the pasta.
- While the pan is heating, chop the bacon into lardons (thin strips, it is possible to buy the bacon like this and that makes things even easier!).
- Now drizzle a little of the olive oil into the hot pan followed by the bacon. While the bacon is frying, finely dice the shallot and crush the garlic.
- Return to the pan now and once the bacon has begun to crisp reduce the heat and add the shallots, garlic and thyme.
- Allow these to cook in the pan while you roughly chop the mushrooms and add them, turning them quickly in the heat for a moment.
- Turn the heat beneath the pan to full now and add the white wine. Allow the wine to boil in the pan while you pour the boiling water from the kettle into the pot, add a little salt and a drizzle of olive oil, bring this back to the boil.
- Now add the chicken stock to the pan and allow to boil.
- Add the pasta to the boiling water and stir for moment to prevent it sticking.
- Now add the cream to the pan and bring to a simmer for 2-3 minutes. (You can use this time now to clean up the kitchen a little and pour the wine!)
- The pasta should be cooked after 4 minutes, so check this now and strain once cooked, add a little oil to it and return it to the warm pot while you finish the sauce.
- Now grate half the cheese into the sauce and stir well, check the seasoning and add the sauce to the pot with the pasta and add the parsley.
- Use a large bowl to serve this adding a little of the remaining cheese to each dish before serving along with plenty of bread to mop up!
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce