Some like it hot - and fast.
- 4 chicken fillets, cut into thin strips
- 250 g rice noodles
- 1 can coconut milk
- 4 (or 5) spring onions
- ½ courgette
- ½ aubergine
- 2 heads pak choi
- red bell pepper
- 1 tsp grated galangal (can be replaced by ginger)
- 1 tblsp fish sauce
- 1 tsp palm sugar (a cube of brown sugar will do)
- 1 tsp red curry paste (or 3, depending on how hot you like it!)
- 1 lemon grass stick (crushed and chopped)
- 1 lime (fresh juice and zest)
- 4 lime leaves (each, dry or fresh)
- 1 bunch fresh chop coriander
- oil to fry
- Prepare the vegetables first. Cut the aubergines, courgette and peppers into rough cube shapes.
- Slice the spring onions into rings but cutting at a slight angle to give them that Asian style.
- Now drizzle a little oil into a hot wok or large frying pan. Once the wok is very hot add the courgette, aubergine and peppers, tossing in the heat for just 2 minutes before removing and placing in a bowl to one side.
- Now return the wok to a low heat add a little more oil and the curry paste along with the galangal and lemon grass.
- Now pour in the coconut milk and add the fish sauce, lime leaf, zest and juice along with the palm sugar and chicken.
- Allow this to simmer for about 5 minutes. In separate pot bring water to the boil and add the noodles, allow these to boil for 3-4 minutes and strain. It is best to pour a kettle of boiling water over the noodles as they strain, this will prevent them from sticking.
- Once cooked place the noodles into your serving dishes.
- Return to the wok now and add all the vegetables including the spring onions and Pak Choi leaves, simmering for a further 2 minutes.
- Now check the taste, if it needs a little salt add a little more fish sauce. If it is too hot add a little more lime juice.
- Finish with the chopped coriander and pour over the noodle, simple.
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce