More dessert delight from Paul Flynn.
- 8 plums
- 3 pears
- 100 g butter
- 75 g brown sugar
- pinch mixed spice
- sprig of thyme
- for the oatcakes:
- 225 g butter
- 110 g flour
- 200 g jumbo oats
- 80 g sugar
- Cut the plums in half and place in a roasting dish. Peel and cut the pears and add to the dish.
- Scatter the butter, sugar, mixed spice and thyme. Bake at 170°C for 20 minutes or until the fruit is just soft.
- For the Oatcakes:
- Cream the butter and sugar.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Roll into cylinders with cling film.
- Slice and bake at 180°C for 8 to 10 minutes.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Today:Paul Flynn's Pork chops with bacon & cabbage
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lunchbox Ideas for Kids
- Today: Paul Flynn's Lamb Gigot Chops