A stunning dessert, marrying two favourite ingredients
- 200 g 70%+ dark chocolate
- 12 large egg yolks
- 175 g caster sugar
- 10 floz fresh orange juice
- 2 oranges (grated rind)
- 1 pint double cream (semi-whipped)
- 8 strips of acetate or baking parchment
- Method for Chocolate Teardrop
- Chop the chocolate into small pieces and put 3/4 into a heatproof bowl.
- Put this bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and allow to melt gently. Remove from heat and be careful not to allow any steam or water to get into the chocolate.
- Stir in the remaining chocolate and spread along the stiips of acetate or baking parchment.
- Allow to set slightly and then join the two edges together to make a teardrop and place on a baking tray that has been lined with baking parchment and spoon chocolate into the bottom of the teardrop and allow to set.
- Method for Parfait
- Put eggs yolks, sugar, orange juice and rind into a heat proof bowl.
- Place over a pot of simmering water and whisk until thick.
- Remove from heat and with an electric whisk, whisk for 5 minutes until the mixture is really pale and cold.
- Fold this mix into the cream and fill the teardrops and freeze.
More by Louise Lennox:
- Valentine's Day Choc Fudge Lollies: Louise Lennox
- American Style Pancakes: P'Cake Tues Countdown
- Almond and Chocolate Hungarian Torte