Garth McColgan suggests a fun family meal with a Mediterranean flavour!
- papas arrugadas – salted baby potatoes
- 70 g sea salt
- 1.5 l water
- bag baby potatoes
- mojo sauce
- 4 tblsp parsley (roughly chopped)
- 3 tblsp coriander (roughly chopped)
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- 1 tblsp lemon zest
- 1 tblsp paprika
- 3 tblsp sunflower oil
- 1 tblsp shallot (roughly chopped)
- 1 tblsp green of scallion (roughly chopped)
- 1 tblsp black pepper
- pinch of salt
- sobrasada – chorizo pâté
- 20 ml balsamic vinegar
- 1 tblsp paprika
- 200 g chorizo
- 100 g butter
- prawns pil pil – chilli prawns in olive oil
- 350 ml extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tbs salt
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 tblsp chilli flakes
- 2 tblsp parsley (finely chopped)
- 8 cloves of garlic (thinly sliced)
- 2 tubs of king prawns (cooked)
- Papas Arrugadas: Put all the ingredients in a saucepan, bring the potatoes to the boil then simmer for 25 minutes. Strain and cook in a hot oven for a further 10 minutes. Serve in a dish, with Mojo Sauce.
- Mojo Sauce
- Put paprika and oil in a bowl and microwave for 10 minutes. Put all ingredients in a processor and blend.
- Sobrasada – Chorizo Pâté: Put paprika, vinegar and chorizo in a processor and blend. Add butter and blend until smooth. Transfer to a bowl. Chill for 1 hour, serve with crusty bread.
- Prawns Pil Pil – Chilli Prawns in Olive Oil: Put all ingredients (apart from the prawns and parsley) in a pan and heat gently for 20 minutes. Add prawns, with 1 tbs of their liquid, and heat through. Serve with warm ciabatta. Top with parsley and a quick squeeze of lemon juice.
Created by Garth McColgan for Aldi.
More by Garth McColgan:
- Latino Chilli Wraps with Guacamole
- Easter Cupcake Delights
- Irish Angus Burgers with Red Onion Marmalade