Yum way to make your onions.
- 3 medium onions
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- 100 g butter
- wholegrain mustard
- black onion seeds
- salt and pepper
- Finely chop the onion and place in a saucepan along with the oil, butter, salt and pepper and onion seeds.
- Cook with a lid on, gently simmering until they are completely softened but no colour.
- Add the mustard and mix well.
- Season and then pour into kilner jar and refrigerate.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Countdown to Pancake Tuesday: Paul Flynn's P'Cakes
- Chicken, Chorizo, smoked paprika cream: Today Show
- Soy Steamed Cod and Crisp Gingered Vegetables