A great recipe for a special occasion.
- 1 leg of lamb prepared for roasting.
- 2 sun-dried tomatoes (slivered)
- 60 g mozzarella cheese
- 300 ml lamb or vegetable stock
- pinch of cornflour
- 1 dozen cherry tomatoes
- olive oil
- fresh oregano
- fresh thyme
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbs honey
- white wine vinegar
- 1 tblsp lemon juice
- tomato puree
- Begin by mixing all the marinade items together - a handful or oregano, a pinch of thyme, a tablespoon of vinegar.
- Mix well, crush the garlic and add this.
- Add the lamb to the bowl, coat all over with the marinade and leave for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- Place the lamb in an oven dish and pre-heat the oven to 200 degrees.
- Roast for roughly 20 minutes, lower the temperature to 180 degrees and leave for another 20 minutes.
- Now cover the lamb with the sun-dried tomatoes, the cherry tomatoes and layers of mozzarella.
- Cover with foil and allow to roast for a further 30/40 minutes.
- After this time, allow the roast to rest: drain off the cooking juices, reduce in a pot with the stock.
- Thicken if necessary with the cornflour.
- This could be served with wet polenta mash or roast potatoes.
More by Eamon Ó Cathain:
- Steamed Baby Leeks With Mustard Sauce And Hard Boiled Eggs
- Chorizo with Haricot Beans and Red Wine
- Roast Lamb with Rosemary and Sage Pesto with Rosemary and Lemon Roast Potatoes