Spoil yourself with this beautiful dessert.
- 225 g plain flour
- pinch salt
- 30 g caster sugar
- 140 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 ml cold water
- 675 g golden syrup
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 340 g breadcrumbs
- 50 ml cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Make the pastry: sift the flour and salt, add the sugar. Mix in the butter till it resembles crumbs then add the egg yolk and enough water to bind.
- Leave the pastry to chill for an hour or overnight. Roll out as thin as possible and line a 28cm loose based flan case.
- Put a baking sheet in the oven to heat up. You will place the tart on this to bake.
- Chill again for another hour and meanwhile, warm the rest of the ingredients in a non-stick pan and then pour into the pastry case.
- Pour into the pastry case, place on top of the baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until the pastry is worked through and golden brown.
More by Domini Kemp:
- Asian Lamb Stir-Fry: Domini Kemp
- Blackberry Pancakes: The Ketogenic Kitchen
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show