Spoil yourself with this beautiful dessert.
- 225 g plain flour
- pinch salt
- 30 g caster sugar
- 140 g butter
- 1 egg yolk
- 50 ml cold water
- 675 g golden syrup
- 2 lemons (zest and juice)
- 340 g breadcrumbs
- 50 ml cream
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Make the pastry: sift the flour and salt, add the sugar. Mix in the butter till it resembles crumbs then add the egg yolk and enough water to bind.
- Leave the pastry to chill for an hour or overnight. Roll out as thin as possible and line a 28cm loose based flan case.
- Put a baking sheet in the oven to heat up. You will place the tart on this to bake.
- Chill again for another hour and meanwhile, warm the rest of the ingredients in a non-stick pan and then pour into the pastry case.
- Pour into the pastry case, place on top of the baking sheet and cook for 30 minutes or until the pastry is worked through and golden brown.