Why not try this delicious low-calorie meal?
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 120 g turkey fillet
- 100 g carrot
- 150 g baby potatoes (approx 2 small)
- 150 g sweet potato (approx half an average)
- 50 g onion (approx half a small)
- 2 (or 3) cloves of garlic
- 4 (or 5) sage leaves or 1-2 tsp dried sage
- 2 bay leaves
- black pepper
- 1 tblsp soy sauce
- 200 ml hot water from a recently-boiled kettle with cube of chicken stock dissolved
- Peel carrots, sweet potato and onion. Cut carrots in strips and onion, sweet potato and potato into slices. Cut turkey into small strips.
- Add 5ml of oil in the wok. When oil is hot add vegetables (onion last) stirring frequently. Add spices and sage leaves and then add the turkey.
- Pour chicken stock in when the ingredients start sticking to the wok.
- Remove the lid when vegetables and turkey are cooked allowing excess moisture to cook off.
Total calorie content = approx. 400 kcals
More by Dr Eva Orsmond:
- Tuna Steak with Fennel in Milk: Op Trans Recipe
- Turkey Curry Stir-Fry, Dr Eva style
- Mini Homemade Burgers