Deliciously flavoured chicken served in baby gem leaves.
- 4 (or 6) chicken breasts (skin removed, roughly chopped)
- 300 ml vegetable stock
- 2 tblsp fish sauce
- 2 tsp sugar
- 1 knob ginger (peeled and thinly chopped)
- 1 chilli (de-seeded and finely sliced)
- 2 cloves garlic (peeled and finely sliced)
- bunch mint leaves
- bunch of basil leaves
- bunch coriander
- juice of 4 limes
- splash soy sauce
- 1 small red onion (peeled and thinly sliced)
- bunch spring onions, finely chopped
- splash of sunflower oil
- 2 baby gem
- 2 tblsp peanuts (lightly toasted)
- In a food processor, pulse the chicken so that the meat becomes finely minced.
- If you don’t have a food processor, then chop finely.
- In a large saucepan, heat the stock along with the fish sauce, sugar, ginger, chilli and garlic.
- When it comes to the boil, add the chicken and then bring back to the boil, then reduce the heat to a simmer.
- Cook for a few minutes and then turn the heat off and allow the chicken to cook gently in the residual heat for another ten minutes with the lid on.
- Mix well and check to see the meat is thoroughly cooked, then allow to cool.
- Meanwhile, chop the herbs and mix with the lime juice, soy sauce, red onion, spring onions, sunflower oil and season with some black pepper and a pinch of caster sugar.
- Check the seasoning and when the chicken has cooled down to warm, spoon some of the chicken mix into each baby gem leaf, top with the herb & onion sauce and serve with toasted peanuts on top.
More by Domini Kemp:
- Asian Lamb Stir-Fry: Domini Kemp
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show
- Fish Goujons the Domini Kemp way on Today