These Christmas Cup Cakes make a great alternative to mince pies.
- 130 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 130 g caster sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 130 g self-raising flour (sieved)
- 75 g cranberries
- 75 g white chocolate chips
- 3 tblsp cocoa
- 1 tsp orange extract
- for the frosting:
- 100 g unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 100 g cream cheese
- 250 g icing sugar
- 1 tblsp vanilla or orange extract
- 1 orange rind
- Line a 12-cup cake tin with paper cases.
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC.
- Put butter and sugar into a bowl and whisk until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs and orange extract. Fold in the flour then the chocolate chips and cranberries. Spoon into the cup cake cases as evenly as you can. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes until golden.
- Remove cases and place on wire rack to cool. When cold decorate with frosting.
- For the frosting: Put everything into a bowl and beat until pale and fluffy.
- Top tip: You can also use chocolate spread or caramel to put on top of your cupcakes.
- Decorate with gold stars, silver balls and cherries
More by Louise Lennox:
- Saturday Brunch: American Style Pancakes
- Hot Cross Buns time
- Something for the weekend: Irish Breakfast Scones