Delicious icecream served with cajeta - which is a Mexican caramel.
- lime ice cream:
- 3 limes (grated zest and juice)
- big bunch of mint (finely chopped)
- 150 g granulated sugar
- 250 ml cream
- 250 ml tub crème fraiche
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tblsp tequila or rum
- 2 l goats milk
- 200 g granulated sugar
- piece of cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- For the Lime Ice Cream: Mix all the ingredients and freeze in a plastic container or ice cream machine.
- For the Cajeta: Heat the goat’s milk, sugar and cinnamon stick until simmering and cook for ten minutes.
- Mix the bicarbonate of soda with a tablespoon of lukewarm water. Take the saucepan off the heat and carefully add the bicarbonate water to the goats milk mixture (it can bubble up, so be careful).
- Whisk away and then put back on the heat and gently simmer for 2-3 hours until it is thick and golden brown.
- If it starts to burn, you may have to transfer to a non-stick saucepan and keep reducing down.
- Allow to cool, then drizzle on the lime ice cream and serve.
More by Domini Kemp:
- Asian Lamb Stir-Fry: Domini Kemp
- Blackberry Pancakes: The Ketogenic Kitchen
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show