A classic dessert with a beautiful taste and texture.
- 2 tblsp honey
- 1 vanilla pod
- 2 tsp gelatin (which seemed to equal one sachet which was about 10g)
- 500 g plain yoghurt (low-fat is fine, if preferred)
- a few fresh berries and crushed pistachios or any kind of nuts to garnish
- In a jug or small glass bowl, mix the honey with two tablespoons of boiling water. Stand the jug/bowl in or over a saucepan of boiling water that has been taken off the heat. Split the vanilla pod and scrape the seeds into the honey water.
- Remove the jug/bowl from the hot water and sprinkle the sachet of gelatin on top and stir until the gelatin dissolves.
- If it feels like it’s going a bit lumpy and not quite liquid, then put the bowl or jug back in the boiling water so that the mixture can heat up again. This will help the gelatin to dissolve.
- Once the mixture is smooth enough, add the yoghurt. Taste and sieve the yoghurt mixture so that it is extra smooth and any lumps of gelatin can be discarded. Spoon the mixture into four moulds or ramekins and chill for about three hours or overnight. Garnish with berries and nuts.
More by Domini Kemp:
- Asian Lamb Stir-Fry: Domini Kemp
- Blackberry Pancakes: The Ketogenic Kitchen
- Rhubarb Clafoutis: Domini Kemp, Today show