Guaranteed to give you one of those big 'mouth full' smiles.
- 1400 g lamb steaks (approx 4 steaks)
- 1 pepper sliced (i normally use a mix of the different colours)
- 6 mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 (to 6) florets of cauliflower (broken into pieces)
- 400 ml coconut milk
- for the chilli marinade:
- 2 red chillies (seeds retained)
- 1 inch root ginger
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tblsp oil
- pinch cayenne pepper (optional)
- Begin by making the marinade for the lamb.
- Chop the chilli, garlic and ginger into chunks and add them to the food processor together with a pinch of cayenne pepper.
- Add the oil and puree until a coarse consistency has been achieved.
- Shred the lamb into thin strips and place in a small bowl with all of the chilli marinade.
- Leave to marinate for at least 30 minutes but longer if time allows.
- The longer you leave it to marinate the hotter it will be.
- Heat a large wok/shallow based saucepan with a little oil and when it has been sufficiently heated add in the lamb and the chilli marinade and quickly seal it all over until all of the lamb is sealed.
- Add in the sliced peppers, onions, cauliflower and mushrooms and cook quickly until the vegetables have softened a little.
- Pour in the coconut milk and allow the entire mixture to come to the boil.
- Once the mixture comes to the boil allow it to simmer for an additional 5-6 minutes before serving it with some boiled rice and naan bread.
- If desired you can add in a little fresh coriander to the curry before serving.
More by Kevin Dundon:
- Indulgent Chocolate Fondants: Kevin Dundon, Today
- Roasted Lamb Noisette, warmed tomato, pale ale
- Salmon Fillet, Chili Pesto: Today, Kevin Dundon