Try out this delectable dessert.
- for the meringue cake:
- 8 meringue shells
- 400 ml fresh cream
- 2 drop of vanilla extract
- 2 tblsp icing sugar
- for the lemon curd:
- 110 g caster sugar
- 110 g unsalted butter
- 1.5 lemons (fine zest and juice)
- 1 whole egg
- 3 egg yolks
- For the Meringue Cake: Whisk the cream with the vanilla extract until medium to firm peak. Break the meringue shells into the cream and fold gently until well mixed.
- Transfer to a bowl lined with cling film and freeze overnight if possible. Remove from freezer and refrigerate for 20 to 30 minutes before serving.
- For the Lemon Curd: Place everything except the butter in a bowl and mix well. Cover with cling film and microwave on half power for 1 minute, stopping to whisk every 20 seconds.
- Add the diced butter and again microwave for 1 minute stopping again every 20 seconds to whisk. Continue until the curd has thickened & allow to cool.
- Serve with summer berries.
More by Paul Flynn:
- Almond Oat Crumble
- Buttered Tomatoes with Honey, Orange and Rosemary
- Pork chops with creamy bacon and cabbage