Make a hearty and delicious meal of turbot and potatoes.
- 175 g turbot (x4)
- 1 tblsp olive oil
- for the vinaigrette
- 50 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon (juice only)
- 1 plum tomato (seeded and cut into strips)
- 8 black olives cut into strips
- 12 caper berries
- small bunch flat leaf parsley
- salt and black pepper
- for the potato
- 4 medium potatoes
- 4 strips of bacon (cut in 2)
- 4 anchovy fillets
- 4 large sage leaves
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º / Gas 4.
- For the potato, remove the centre with an apple-corer.
- Place an anchovy fillet on a sage leaf on one piece of bacon, roll it up tight and stuff this into the centre of the potato.
- Wrap the rest of the bacon slice over the potato and wrap in tinfoil, bake in a pre-heated oven for 20-30 minutes.
- Pan-fry the turbot in some olive oil, skin-side down for 2 minutes until golden and crisp. Flip over and cook for a further 2 minutes.
- Make the sauce by heating the oil, lemon juice, tomatoes, olives and capers together gently. Sprinkle with the herbs and season to taste.
- Serve the turbot with a little of the caper vinaigrette and the potato on the side.
More by Gerald Kean:
- Hot Chocolate Soufflé and Glacé Grand Marnier with Orange Chocolate
- Champagne and Raspberries Jelly with Fresh Mint Cream
- Wild Mushroom and Cashel Blue Toasties