The brownies are best served warm; you can use a microwave to heat slightly before serving.
- for the brownie mix:
- 150 g 64% dark manjari chocolate
- 225 g 53% tropilla dark chocolate
- 2 vanilla pods
- 375 g unsalted butter
- 6 eggs
- 225 g plain flour
- 500 g caster sugar
- for the brownie fillings:
- 100 g 85% abinao chopped dark chocolate
- 100 g blond raisins
- 100 g roughly chopped pistachio nuts
- 1 shot brandy
- 50 g caster sugar
- 100 ml water
- for the ganache to coat the brownies:
- 100 g 33% tanariva chocolate
- 200 ml cream
- Place a large mixing bowl over a pot of simmering water, place the chopped butter and chocolate in the bowl to melt slowly.
- Once melted set to one side and allow to cool slightly.
- In a separate bowl beat the eggs and sugar until they become light.
- Now add the egg mix to the chocolate mix and mix well before folding in the flour.
- To prepare the raisins for the brownies simply bring them to the boil in the sugar brandy and water for about 4 minutes, strain and allow to cool before adding them to the mix along with the chopped chocolate.
- Pour the mix into a lined baking tray and place in a pre-heated oven at 170 degrees for 20-25 minutes.
- When cooked the brownies will be firm to the touch with a light crust on the top.
- Allow the brownies to cool before cutting into your desired portion size.
- Now set them on a tray ready to put the topping on.
- For the topping simply bring the cream to a simmer remove from the heat and add the chocolate, stirring well until all the chocolate has melted.
- Now pour a little of this over the top of each brownie.
- You could also sprinkle a little pistachio onto each one for a little colour in the presentation.
- The brownies are best served warm; you can use a microwave to heat slightly before serving.
- They are great on there own or with Rum and Raisin ice cream which you can make using the same raisins as the brownies and just add to vanilla ice cream!
More by Richie Wilson:
- Barbequed Leg Of Lamb with Rosemary Marinade and Granny's Potatoes with Summer Salad
- Burger and Chips
- Hot Chocolate Fondant - Lemon And White Chocolate Mini Eggs In Orange Caramel Sauce