Make the delicious, traditional meal of a roast pork with cabbage.
- 1 loin of pork
- 1 tin of pears
- 25 g butter
- 1 tblsp oil
- 1 large onion
- 2 garlic cloves (peeled and crushed)
- 1 knob of fresh ginger (peeled and chopped)
- 1 bunch sage
- 1 glass of white wine
- 8 strips of bacon
- for the cabbage
- 1 small savoy cabbage
- 3 tblsp worchesteshire sauce
- 25 g butter
- salt and black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 180º / Gas 4.
- Slice a knife through the loin of pork, and make an opening, lay flat on a baking tray.
- Chop the pears and place in a pot with butter, oil, onion, garlic, ginger, chopped sage & white wine.
- Cook over a low heat untill all the liquid has gone.
- When cool place some stuffing in the opening of the pork.
- Wrap the strips of bacon around the loin and secure with string.
- Place the pork on an oven tray and put in a pre-heated oven for about 20-25 minutes.
- Next prepare the cabbage by shredding it very finely and cook in a sauté pan with a little butter and the worchesershire sauce.
- Season and serve when the cabbage wilts.
- Place some cabbage on a serving dish and slice the pork into portions and place on top, then drizzle with some tray juices
More by Gerald Kean:
- Hot Chocolate Soufflé and Glacé Grand Marnier with Orange Chocolate
- Champagne and Raspberries Jelly with Fresh Mint Cream
- Wild Mushroom and Cashel Blue Toasties