The perfect starter or party food.
- 1 side of wild salmon
- 75 g fine lilliput capers (tiny spanish capers)
- 75 g cornichons (pickled gherkin cucumbers)
- 250 g butter (unsalted)
- 50 ml tomato ketchup
- 300 g mash potato
- 50 g chervil
- 50 g parsley
- Place the salmon on parchment paper with the butter spread across the flesh. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the Thyme, bay leaf and sprigs off parsley on top.
- Pour over the white wine and cover with parchment paper.
- Cover the entire tray with tinfoil and place in the oven for 10 minutes at 180°c until slightly cooked.
- Take the salmon out of the oven and pull apart placing in a mixing bowl.
- Soften 250g butter.
- Chop the capers, cornichons, chervil and parsley and place with the salmon.
- Add the butter, mashed potato and tomato ketchup to the salmon, fold all the ingredients together.
- Then make 100g fish cakes, whisk 4 eggs and place in a bowl and put aside.
- Place the fishcake in the flour and cover, dusting off any loose flour.
- Then place into the whisked egg and let any excess fall off.
- Now place in the bread crumbs pat into shape.
- Deep fry for 4-5 minutes and place in the oven for 20 minutes at 180°c to cook through.