Cathal Armstrong serves up delicious gratin of potatoes.
- 6 large potatoes (peeled)
- 1 l cream
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and nutmeg
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Prepare a casserole dish, cut the clove of garlic in half and rub the casserole dish all over the inside.
- Pour in the cream and bring to a simmer over a medium heat. Season with salt and nutmeg remembering to account for the potatoes you are about to add.
- One at a time slice the potatoes thinly (using a mandolin if possible) and shingle them into the cream like dealing a deck of cards.
- When all of the potatoes are added, transfer to the casserole dish and bake in the oven until the potatoes are cooked all the way through.
- Use a knife or skewer to be sure they are tender (about 40 minutes).
More by Cathal Armstrong:
- Wild or Farm-Raised Christmas Turkey and Stuffing
- Brussels Sprouts
- Cured Atlantic Salmon with Mustard Dill Sauce