Great for party nibbles and starters.
- 2.5 tblsp olive oil plus extra for drizzling
- 1 tblsp butter
- 1 red chilli de-seeded and finely chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 4 shallots, peeled and finely chopped
- 450 g mixed wild mushrooms (ceps, chantrelles, porobello, fairy ring etc)
- 80 g cashel blue cheese
- 50 ml white wine
- 50 ml cream
- 3 tblsp chopped flat leaf parsley
- 1 tblsp chopped fresh oregano
- 1 french baguette, sliced at an angle
- salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
- Put the oil and butter in a heavy based frying pan, when hot toss in the chilli, garlic and shallots cook over high heat until it begins to colour then reduce the heat.
- Stir in the mushrooms and sauté for 3 to 5 minutes until starting to soften.
- Then add the white wine and reduce the liquid a little.
- Pour in the cream and reduce a little more.
- Sprinkle with the chopped fresh herbs and remove from heat.
- Crumble in the Cashel Blue cheese and stir lightly.
- Brush the bread with some olive oil and lightly grill on both sides.
- Put 32 slices of bread on a serving dish and spoon the mushroom mixture on top.
- Drizzle a little oil on the plate and grind some black pepper on top.
More by Gerald Kean:
- Hot Chocolate Soufflé and Glacé Grand Marnier with Orange Chocolate
- Champagne and Raspberries Jelly with Fresh Mint Cream
- Seared Scallops with Crab Gratin & Buerre Blanc