This elegant and light dessert is perfect for dinner parties.
- 110 ml champagne
- 110 ml sugar
- 110 ml water
- 1 tsp framboise liquor
- 3 tsp gelatine
- fresh raspberries
- sprigs of fresh mint to decorate
- fresh mint cream
- 110 g sugar
- 220 ml water
- 15 mint leaves
- 150 ml cream
- Soak gelatine leaves in 3 tablespoons of cold water until soft.
- Then boil sugar and water in a pot for three minutes to make the syrup then leave to cool a little.
- Stir the gelatine and syrup together while it is still warm.
- Add in the champagne and the framboise liquer.
- Place the raspberries in the jelly moulds and pour over the gelatine mixture.
- Put in fridge for several hours to set.
- To make the mint cream, boil the sugar and water for ten mins and allow to cool for at least one hour, then crush the mint leaves and liquidise.
- Whip the cream and fold in the mint mixture to taste.
- Dip the jellies in some warm water to loosen and put jelly on plate, serve with mint cream.
More by Gerald Kean:
- Hot Chocolate Soufflé and Glacé Grand Marnier with Orange Chocolate
- Wild Mushroom and Cashel Blue Toasties
- Seared Scallops with Crab Gratin & Buerre Blanc