Add some zing to strawberries with balsamic vinegar.
- 300 g strawberries (sliced)
- traditional balsamic vinegar
- fresh basil
- Toss the strawberries in the vinegar, sprinkle with the torn basil leaves and serve.
- Tips: This can be dessert or starter. It’s a great way to add a bit of zing to bland strawberries and heavenly with ripe ones. Mixed with fresh tomatoes and crunchy pain de campagne croutons it makes a nice spring-to-summer salad.
More by Trish Deseine:
- Recipe: Trish Deseine, Durrus Tartiflette, Today
- Moroccan Lamb
- Apple Compote with Crème Anglaise and Burned Butter Sauce