- 100 g caster sugar (plus a little extra for garnish)
- 300 ml double cream
- 4 tblsp medium dry sherry
- 1 lemon (zest and juice)
- 450 g strawberries (plus six for garnish)
- Place the sugar, cream, sherry and lemon juice into a large bowl and whisk well until thick.
- Clean the strawberries and remove the hulls, then slice them vertically. Line the sides of six glass serving dishes with the sliced strawberries.
- Carefully spoon the sherry cream mixture into the glasses over the strawberries and chill in the fridge for 2-3 hours.
- Dip the six extra strawberries into caster sugar and place on top of the cream for garnish.